More details for all events will be available on the website and on our Facebook page as events approach.
Manor House Tours – $5/person*
All tours will be given on the hour. Arrangements may be made for evening group tours of 5 or more adults. *Tours for members of Friends of Chinsegut Hill are free.
- Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm
- Saturday, 10am – 5pm
- Sunday, 12pm – 6pm
Tour hours may change throughout the year, depending on season.
- Kid Day – Third Thursday of the month (11am – 1pm) – Featuring kid-friendly activities and lunch. $5/child, reservations required.
- Book Club – Fourth Tuesday of the month (3pm – 7pm) – Featuring books written by or about Chinsegut Hill residents.
- Porch Music – First Sunday of the month (1pm) – Live music from local musicians. Picnic food for sale.
Luncheon on the Hill – First Wednesday of the Month from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Features a $10 luncheon and information about Chinsegut Hill life and residents.
- February 3 – Raymond Robins and the US Presidents
- March 2 – Robins Women and the Vote
- April 6 – Blueberry Hill
- May 4 – Mothers on the Hill
- June 1 – Exotics of Chinsegut
- July 6 – Ederington Plantation
- August 3 – Margaret Dreier Robins
- September 7 – Labor Movement
- October 5 – Mary Coogler
- November 2 – Life on Snow Hill
- December 7 – Pearsons of Mount Airy
Friends of Chinsegut Hill, Inc Members Only Events
Exclusive events for our Membership.
- February 6 – Welcome Friends Coffee Cordial — Customized beverages and free hor d’oeuvres on the Chinsegut Hill Manor House Porch
- October 1 – Mary Coogler Art Show Opening – Cheese & Wine Blending
Dinner on the Hill
Features a five course meal and presentation on Chinsegut History. Prices vary.
- April 22 – Brooksville: A Londoner’s Retreat (Elizabeth Robins)
- June 18 – The Mysterious Disappearance of Raymond Robins
- September 24 – Chinsegut Visitor Series: JC Penney
- February 20 (8am – 3pm) – Man Day: Volunteer Work Day for men only. Tree trimming, painting, repair. Free lunch and gift for men working four hours or more.
- March 12 (2pm – 4pm) – Tea and Talk at Chinsegut Hill: Ederingtons in the Civil War with Virginia Benson great food and lecture by Virginia Benson on Hill Period.
- March 30 (7pm) – Suffragette – Women & The Vote: Movie & Talk, with Virginia Benson and Natalie Kahler, who will present background information about the real women in the movie and how the women of Chinsegut assisted in the movement.
- October 1-15 (regular Manor House) – Mary Coogler Art Show – featuring the talent of local post-impressionist artist and Robins’ friend Mary Coogler.
- November 10 (5pm) – High Tea – learn the traditions and manners while enjoying your tea and accompaniments
- December 3 (5pm) – “It’s a Wonderful Brooksville Life” Storytelling and Caroling at the Chinsegut Hill Manor
- December 10 (1pm – 4pm) – Free Tour & Candy Making Demo Day – enjoy free tours of the Chinsegut Hill Manor House and a demo in the kitchen for handcrafted candy (available for purchase)