This Contract is made effective as of (ENTER DATE) by and between Friends of Chinsegut Hill Inc., and (ENTER CLIENT NAME). The CLIENTS represent that they desire to hold a special event or wedding on (ENTER DATE) at The Retreat at Chinsegut Hill.
1. VENUE RENTAL FEE(S)
The CLIENT agrees to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500 due upon booking event. This payment is for the use of the venue for the specified date of event/wedding and is payable at the time of contract signature. If for any reason, Friends of Chinsegut Hill Inc., is unable to fulfill its contractual obligation under this contract, the entire deposit will be returned with no further penalties or liabilities. In the event of a cancellation by the Client of this special event/wedding, this deposit will be non-refundable. The balance is due 60 days before event, along with a $500 refundable security deposit.
The CLIENT understands that they and their guests will abide by the permit requirements while on the property of The Retreat at Chinsegut Hill. Permits required for any tents will be the responsibility of the Client. Placement of tables, tents, catering equipment, etc., must be pre-approved by management. All events must end by 10:00 pm to allow for closure of the site by 11:00 pm. No smoking allowed inside any building onsite.
2. DATE CHANGES
In the event the CLIENT is forced to change the date of the event or Wedding, every effort will be made by Friends of Chinsegut Hill Inc., to transfer reservations to support the new date. The Client agrees that in the event of a date change, any expenses including but not limited to deposits and fees that are non-refundable and non-transferrable are the sole responsibility of Client.
In the event of a cancellation, DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
4. UNFORSEEN EVENTS
The CLIENT cannot hold the Friends of Chinsegut Hill, Inc., responsible for failure to provide the basic facilities and services due to emergencies, catastrophes or interruptions of public utilities. In the case of a mandatory evacuation during hurricane season, Friends of Chinsegut Hill, Inc., will allow the Client to reschedule if possible and/or receive a full refund of the Security Deposit. If a Act of God were to occur preventing the event from taking place as scheduled, Friends of Chinsegut Hill, Inc., will allow for the event to be reschedules, pending availability, with no penalty. Last minute cancellations of outdoor site functions due to inclement weather will not be considered for refunds.
5. FOOD AND CATERING
CLIENT my select any caterer from the Preferred Vendor List or one of their choosing. If the event is catered, Client and Client’s catering service is responsible for all permits and insurance certificates along with all set-up, break-down, and clean-up of the catered site.
- Please allow appropriate time for break-down and clean-up.
- All event trash generated by the CATERER must be disposed of off-site by the Caterer.
- All event trash generated by the CLIENT must be disposed of offsite by the Client.
- ALL vendors (florists, bakers, musicians, rental company, etc., ) must adhere to the terms of our guidelines, and it is the client’s responsibility to share these guidelines with them.
- ALCOHOL: Proof of Liability insurance must be supplied to Friends of Chinsegut Hill and Hernando County as additional insured prior to the event.
6. COURTESY PROTOCOL
Friends of Chinsegut Hill, Inc., reserves the right to request any person or group of people acting unruly and contrary to rental regulations to leave the premises. Assistance from law enforcement agencies may be acquired if this request is not met immediately.
7. TENT RENTAL AND PERMITS
The tent you rent may require a permit through Hernando County. It shall be the responsibility of the CLIENT to ensure proper permits are acquired. Verify requirements with your rental agent and advise Friends of Chinsegut Hill, Inc., prior to setting up tent.
The CLIENT cannot hold the Friends of Chinsegut Hill Inc., Hernando County, staff and volunteers liable for damages, and expenses in connection with personal injury, illness, or property damage or theft resulting from the use of any facility at The Retreat at Chinsegut Hill.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises of conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written. This Agreement supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
This agreement may be modified or amended if the amendment is made in writing and is signed by both parties.
If any provision of the Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of the Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provisions shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
12. RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following is a list of rules and regulations to be upheld by CLIENT, which includes all EVENT PLANNERS and WEDDING COORDINATORS and VENDORS who are involved in the planning and execution of a special event or wedding on the premises of The Retreat at Chinsegut Hill venue.
- Event Ending Time: All events must end by 10:00 pm to allow for closure of the site by 11:00 pm.
- Decorations: All decorations must be removed without leaving damages. Be kind and leave the property a you found it. If lit candles are used, we ask that you provide a glass base for each candle. Lighted “scent sticks” in cottages or Manor House is prohibited. Placements of tables, tents, live music, catering equipment etc., must be approved by The Retreat at Chinsegut Hill management.
- Alcohol may not be served to minors. At any time, if the Friends of Chinsegut Hill Inc., staff deems alcohol consumption to be excessive, the staff has the authority to close down all alcohol service and/or evict inebriated guests from the premises.
- All music must end by 10:00 pm, in accordance with our good neighbor policy.
- Children are shall not be permitted to wander the grounds unsupervised by an adult.
- All electrical outlets on the property are available for use by the wedding parties and their vendors. The parties are welcome to inspect the locations and number of outlets prior to booking.
- Set-up and decorating may take place on the day prior to the event/wedding, and must be removed within 48 hours after the event is complete.
13. WAIVER OF CONTRACTUAL RIGHT
The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
14. APPLICABLE LAW
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida.